The LifeView Member Portal (Member Tool) is an online digital portal provided by MLC Limited ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694 (MLC Life Insurance). The terms ‘our’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ are to be read as MLC Life Insurance, and the terms ‘you’ or ‘your’ are to be read as the user of the Member Tool. The Member Tool is made available for Members of a Superannuation Fund who are covered by a life insurance policy issued by MLC Life Insurance to their Superannuation Fund.
Members may use the Member Tool to view and apply to amend their insurance cover, provide information or instructions to MLC Life Insurance or receive important information from MLC Life Insurance in relation to insurance.
Access to the Member Tool is provided by MLC Life Insurance subject to these Terms and Conditions and by accessing and using the Member Tool you agree that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- MLC Life Insurance owns all rights in and associated with the Member Tool and access is granted to you as a Member of your Superannuation Fund, whilst you are covered by a life insurance policy issued by us to your Fund.
- We provide the Member Tool on an “as is” basis. The Member Tool may be unavailable from time to time, including for maintenance purposes. If the Member Tool is unavailable, you can still obtain and update information regarding your insurance at any time by contacting your Superannuation Fund.
- The Member Tool, its content and functionality may be modified from time to time and MLC Life Insurance may restrict, suspend or terminate access to the Member Tool at any time without liability and without notice to you.
- Once access has been granted, any actions or instructions processed on the Member Tool will be deemed to be made by you and as being accurate and complete.
- MLC Life Insurance has no responsibility for any products or services, including software, hardware or other equipment, that you use in connection with the Member Tool.
- MLC Life Insurance will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the content and information contained in the Member Tool is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may rely on third parties, including your Superannuation Fund, for the information and content contained in the Member Tool. We will not be responsible for, and give no warranties for the accuracy, completeness, validity, legality or timeliness of any information provided to us by a third party.
- You indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any loss, damage or cost incurred by us in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by you in relation to your access to and use of the Member Tool.
- MLC may at its discretion modify the Member Tool, its content and functionality at any time without notice to you. These Terms and Conditions will govern any such modifications unless you are otherwise notified.
- These Terms and Conditions may be varied by MLC Life Insurance at any time with immediate effect. Your access to or use of the Member Tool after a variation to these terms will constitute your acceptance of the then current Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You will keep any logon credentials (including your password) which authorise access to the Member Tool confidential and if you become aware of any unauthorised access you will change your logon credentials and contact your Superannuation Fund to inform them that your credentials have been compromised.
- Any data and information that you provide to MLC Life Insurance will, to the best of your knowledge:
- be accurate, complete and current; and
- not be misleading or deceptive.
- In accessing or using the Member Tool you will not:
- send or transmit any unlawful, offensive, abusive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate content or material;
- engage in any conduct that infringes on a third party’s rights including intellectual property rights or privacy; or
- otherwise engage in any unlawful or criminal activity.
- You will not attempt to interfere with or circumvent the security and integrity of the Member Tool, attempt to introduce any virus or harmful code into the Member Tool or our systems, or otherwise attempt to use the Member Tool in a way that causes or is likely to cause the Tool to be interrupted or damaged in any way.
These Terms are accessible in the footer of the Member Portal. We may update these Terms from time to time and you should check back regularly for changes. You acknowledge that by making these Terms accessible to you we have provided you with sufficient notice of any changes, and your continued use of websites will confirm your acceptance of the then published Terms and Conditions.